Spring has sprung, and festival season in the United States is well underway. Particularly in the Southwest, the vast majority of our favorite May festivals are as much a party for our tastebuds as they are for our festival-loving selves. From the mouthwatering meats of Houston Barbecue Festival to the deep-fried goodness of Pecan Street, check out our Top 10 May Festivals in the Southwest!
1. Barbacoa & Big Red Festival (San Antonio, Texas)
Yes, it’s held at a music pavilion. Sure, there’s plenty of awesome live music to enjoy. But the real showstopper at this annual event is the insurmountably epic combination of two Texas staples – juicy, mouthwatering barbacoa and an endless supply of ice cold Big Red to wash it down. Barbacoa and Big Red Festival (could you have guessed the name?) is a family-friendly event with something for everyone to enjoy. Come get your groove on to the country and Tejano sounds of Los Desperadoz, Natalie Rose, Jerry Deleon and more. In between sets, treat your tastebuds to barbacoa tacos, tamales and other delicious dishes from local food vendors. See you out there!
2. Pecan Street Festival (Austin, Texas)
3. Texas Crawfish and Music Festival (Spring, Texas)
4. Dallas Margarita Meltdown (Dallas, Texas)
5. Scarborough Renaissance Festival (Waxahachie, Texas)
6. Houston Greek Fest (Houston, Texas)
7. Houston Barbecue Festival (Houston, Texas)
8. Tejano Conjunto Festival (San Antonio, Texas)
9. Neon Desert Music Festival (El Paso, Texas)
10. Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival (Richardson, Texas)