Festivals are in full bloom across the United States. On the West Coast, Coachella closed out two booming weekends in April. In the Southwest, revelers lost themselves in another beautiful Euphoria getaway. But this May, the northeastern United States is buzzing with festivals of all shapes and sizes. From the culinary celebrations of National Harbor Wine & Food Festival to the face-melting beats of EDC New York, there’s a crazy world of festivals out there just waiting to be discovered. Curious which ones stole the hearts of Everfesters this spring? Check out the Top 10 May Festivals in the Northeast!
1. Sweetlife Festival (Columbia, Maryland)
Photo: Sweetlife Festival
In 2010, a health-focused eatery called Sweetgreen organized a small musical gathering in a D.C. parking lot. A handful of local indie bands came to play, and about 500 people came to watch. Over the past six years, this seed of a gathering has blossomed into a brilliant sunflower – attracting over 20,000 people to revel in its glory. Sweetlife Festival is where our universal adoration for music blends seamlessly with our passion for delicious food. Now held at Merriweather Pavilion, one of the most famous amphitheaters in the country, Sweetlife Festival merges an eclectic, star-studded musical lineup with some of the most interesting food vendors from around the United States. This May, Flume, Grimes, Blondie, the 1975 and more hit the main stages to help you experience a slice of the Sweetlife!
2. Baltimore Wine & Food Festival (Baltimore, Maryland)
3. Dreamscape Festival (Darlington, Maryland)
4. Together Boston (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
5. Boston Calling (Boston, Massachusetts)
6. EDC New York (East Rutherford, New Jersey)
7. StrangeCreek Campout (Greenfield, Massachusetts)
8. K-Fest International Food Festival (West Springfield, Massachusetts)
9. Taste of Tribeca (New York, New York)
10. 9th Avenue International Food Festival (New York, New York)